Onga Torrium Controller
Torrium premium pump controllers for perfect, even pressure.
Models: Torrium Controller TT45 & Torrium Controller TT70
Call us on 08 8162 5957 for pricing on this product
WHY CHOOSE the Davey Torrium controller?
Constant Flow and Even Water Pressure
- To prevent annoying fluctuations in water temperature during showers, Torrium®2 uses its intelligence to provide households with constant flow to give even water pressure.
- It does this with its innovative pressure and flow sensors to start the pump on a pressure drop and to stop it on low flow (~1 lpm). This avoids pump cycling when there is continuing household demand for water.
Quick Cut-in for Even Pressure
- To give you strong pressure right from the start, Torrium®2 is designed to cut in quickly when it senses demand for water. It cuts in when the pressure has dropped to 80% of the previous top (shut-off) pressure.
- It uses its intelligence to automatically set this cut-in pressure each time the pump stops. In doing so, it allows the system to automatically accommodate for variations in pump performance or site conditions.
- Torrium®2 is clever enough to detect the difference between normal water demand and a small leak in the system, such as a dripping faucet or a leaking cistern.
- For very low flows, Torrium®2 automatically adapts to reduce the cut-in pressure, which can be as low as 50% of its last shut-off pressure. This significantly reduces pump cycling to improve consumer satisfaction with the system.
- If normal flow is required in the house (>0.5 lpm), Torrium®2 will sense this and revert to normal mode and initiate an immediate pump start.
Easy Status Check
- To easily check the system status, Torrium®2 has three simple LED indicators:
- Red LED – the system is in standby mode
- Green LED – the pump is running
- Yellow LED – fault condition
Pressure Indicator Window
- Gives a quick guide to the system pressure
- A colour band of mainly green indicates maximum pressure
- Mainly red indicates low pressure
- If the colour band moves slowly towards red this signifies a slow drop in pressure and may indicate a small leak.
Greater Hydraulic Performance
- For better hydraulic performance to supply more pressure with less wasted energy, Torrium®2 has larger water pathways and no moving parts in the pathways. This performance versus loss equation is especially evident at higher flow rates.
- To diminish the likelihood of blockages, Torrium®2 is designed with no moving control parts within the water pathways giving greater reliability and performance with varying water quality.
Dry Run Protection and Auto Restart
- To protect the pump from damage due to dry running, Torrium®2 stops the pump when it detects a loss of prime (no water supply) situation.
- To reduce system downtime, the Torrium®2 waits 5 minutes then goes into auto retry mode, whereby it will restart the pump to see if prime can be re-established automatically.
- An auto restart occurs at 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 hours.
- Torrium®2 will also restart if it detects flow through the system (e.g. from mains water pressure returning with pressure boosting applications).
Pump Protection – High Water Temperature Cut-out
- For added security and longer life, a water over-temperature cut-out provides a second level of protection against closed head operation and repetitive cycling.
- For water temperatures above 70°C Torrium®2 will shut the pump down and the amber LED will be lit. When the water temperature drops to below 60°C, the Torrium®2 will allow the pump to restart.
Pump Protection – Excessive Electrical Current
- To protect the pump motor, Torrium®2 will shut the pump down and indicate a fault if it detects excessive electrical current being drawn. This occurs if the pump motor is subjected to locked rotor or if someone tries to manually override the Torrium®2 by continually holding in the prime button.
Corrosion and Scale Resistance
- To allow Torrium®2 to be used with water of varying quality, its flow sensors are mounted on a high grade stainless steel plate with special anti-scaling electronic action, which only turns the flow sensors on during pump operation.
Extra Draw off Capacity
- To accommodate small leaks and to reduce cycling, Torrium®2 has an in-built spring loaded accumulator for extra draw off capacity. A spring loaded accumulator means low maintenance as there is no need for a pressure vessel with its regular air charging and checking.
- For increased draw off, an optional pressure tank, up to 18 litres, can be mounted on the vertical outlet.
Power Surge Protection for Torrium®2
- To protect the Torrium®2 controller from electrical surges and spikes, thus extending its life, it has an in-built metal oxide varistor (MOV). The status of the MOV can be checked in the viewing window on the back of the Torrium®2. The MOV is a sacrificial component and should it be consumed due to repeated power surges or spikes, it will almost always blacken the viewing port. This will indicate a non-warrantable Torrium®2 failure.
Ease of Installation
- For ease of installation, the plumbing can be connected to either the vertical or the right angle discharge outlet, which can rotate a full 360°.
Torrium Controller TT45, Torrium Controller TT70
|Maximum Flow||200 lpm|
|Maximum Pressure||1000 kPA|